CiviCRM for Drupal 8 can only be installed on one of our WebApps accounts. Sometimes some of the steps below fail due to memory limits. If that happens to you, just contact our Support Team and they can raise your memory limit.
Here is how to install CiviCRM for Drupal 8:
1. Create an App called nodeapp in a subdomain different from the one where Drupal needs to be installed.
2. Log in to the app via the command line running
sureapp project shell nodeapp
3. Install bower running
npm install -g bower
4. Create a Drupal installation in the ~/www/www/drupal8 directory running
php7.cli ~/private/composer.phar create-project roundearth/drupal-civicrm-project:8.x-dev ~/www/www/drupal8 --no-interaction
5. You will now need to complete the Drupal installation by accessing the installation wizard via your browser
6. Install CiviCRM by running
php7.cli ~/www/www/drupal8/vendor/drush/drush/drush.php en -y civicrm
7. If you were already logged into the Drupal site, then logout and log back in
again to avoid Bug CRM-19878.
8. Change the “CiviCRM Resource URL” to [cms.root]/libraries/civicrm. To set this, visit http://example.com/civicrm/admin/setting/url?reset=1 (replacing example.com with your real site name) and change the value there.